have two choices (downloads and CDs) when purchasing songs from
Dr. Jean's Song Store. We use PayPal to process
our orders. If you do not have a PayPal account, you may still
use PayPal with your credit card. Once you get to the PayPal
order page you will see an option to pay by credit card even
without a PayPal account. Keep your PayPal receipt. It
is the only receipt you will receive.
Click for answers to some common questions. We have info about an iTunes behavior where iTunes cannot find the file. There is also some help with transferring songs to your iPad or iPhone. Click here for iPad, iPod or iPhone info.
|Fusion Fiesta Fun is now available as a CD or as an electronic download. This set of CDs is featured for our May 2011 Activities. You will find activities for the music. Click here to see the activities. Click here to purchase the physical CD or the download version. |
Please read these instructions, especially the section about the email with the download links. If you have any problems after your purchase, please return to this page and use the link at the bottom of the page. We are not set up to respond to phone calls about downloads.
Now you can quickly and easily purchase "singles" and whole albums from Dr. Jean's popular music catalog. After purchasing, you will receive an email with links to use to download your new songs. Then, just put the songs on your iPod or other MP3 player or burn them to a CD and enjoy. Having iTunes installed on your computer before downloading any music with make the process easier. Click here for iTunes installation information. Since we first recommended iTunes, some people have told us about a message where iTunes says it cannot find the file. Click for information about that.
You will need to know how to burn a CD or copy the files to your iPod or other mp3 player if you purchase downloads. Click here for iPad, iPod or iPhone info.. If you need help burning a CD, we have some links to instructions here.
Dr. Jean's Song Store works differently than Apple's online iTunes store. You will need to check your email account (the one you use for Paypal) and use the links in the email you receive to download your songs
Start by selecting an album; just click on the album cover to select.
Purchase single songs by clicking on the words, "Buy this song" to the right of the song title. Each time you select a song, you will see it in your shopping cart. If you wish to purchase the whole CD, you will see a link for that near the shopping cart icon.
After selecting one album or at least five songs, check out through Paypal. Paypal is very secure. You don't need a Paypal account to use Paypal. You can just use your credit card if you wish.
will receive an Email with Download Links and information about lyrics.
The links are good for 30 days (one month) from time of purchase.
They will expire after 30 days.
Very soon after completing the Paypal transaction, you will receive two emails. One will contain your Paypal receipt. The other will contain links to the songs you have purchased. If you don't receive the email with the links within a few minutes of receiving your Paypal receipt, check your junk mail folder or spam folder to see if your email program placed the email there. Use the email link below to tell us if you do not receive your email with the song links.
Some people have multiple email addresses which has caused some confusion. The email message containing the links will be sent to the email address associated with the Paypal account you use to pay for your songs. If you have more than one email address, be sure to check your email at the address associated with Paypal to get your links for downloading. This provides security to everyone purchasing songs from Dr. Jean's Song Store.
We recently learned that some email accounts are putting the email with the links in the Junk mail folder. If you receive your Paypal receipt but not the email from drjeandownloads with the list of links, please check your junk mail or spam folders.
We want you to enjoy your new songs. A few teachers have experienced some problems with our download links, but we have successfully helped everyone so far. Please contact us with any questions. We need a description of what you did and some details, though. Just saying, "It didn't work" will not be helpful.
if you experience any problems. Using this link will result in a quick response. We are not set up to respond to phone calls.
common questions - If you don't find an answer, try
contacting us with this form.
1) How soon will I receive my links? You should receive your links within minutes of placing your order. If you do not see an email from drjeandownloads (at) drjean.org in your mailbox, check your Junk folder and your Spam folder if you have one. Some email systems put messages that contain links in the Spam folder. Look in the Spam folder if you do not have your email with the links. You also need to be sure that the email account associated with your PayPal account is the one you are checking. The Song Store sends the links to the PayPal email address that you have on file with PayPal. If you have an email account that requires verification of the sender before messages are allowed through to your mailbox, you may not get the links. Some Earthlink accounts use this prior verification method. You might want to consider adding the drjean.org domain to your allowed list before you place your order.
What if I don't receive my links even after checking my Junk
mail and spam folders? Contact
the Song Store via the form link above and tell us what happened.
Don't call us on the phone. We are not set up to provide
service via phone. You should use the link just above these
questions to contact us. Some school email systems will arbitrarily
block emails with links or attachments. When you contact
us, you may want to include an alternate email address in
3) What if I don't know how to "burn" a CD? This gives you a great opportunity to add to your tech skills. We have a page full of information and suggestions about burning CDs. Here is the link to info about burning CDs. You might also ask around your school. Many students know all about downloading music and making CDs. Maybe you can find a "student mentor" to help you. We have found that the free iTunes program simplifies the process for many people.
4) What does this message from iTunes mean? "Song can not be used because the original file could not be found." Evidently, iTunes issues this message occasionally regardless of the source of the song files. We have tried to track down an official solution without success. We have located some possible fixes that seem to work, though.
Click to read some more about the exclamation point in iTunes.
5) What if I'm using Windows Media Player instead of iTunes? Both programs work fine to listen to and play music. You can use either one to burn a CD or play your music. Some people have to overcome the challenge of "temporary" files with Windows Media Player.
Click to read some more about temporary files in Windows Media Player.
6) Can I get the lyrics to the songs I purchase? Yes. Your email with the song links will also have a link to the lyrics.
7) How do I put my downloaded songs on my iPad, iPod or iPhone? Dr. Jean's music comes to you as mp3 files. You can import MP3s into iTunes for iPhone/iPad/iPod.
Once you've downloaded MP3s onto your computer, it's easy to import them into iTunes.
First make a new playlist by going to the "File" menu and clicking "New Playlist" and naming it anything you like. Select that playlist in iTunes, then drag your MP3s from your hard drive into the right-hand pane. iTunes will start importing your music and populating the playlist with songs.
After it's done, you're free to play back the songs or sync them to your iPhone/iPad/iPod just like all the rest of your library. Here is a link to a google search with lots of information.
Back to the top of the page